Deloitte is the biggest professional services Firm in the world, and making an impact is more than just what we do: it’s why we’re here. We’re driven to create positive progress for our clients, community, people, and the planet. This sense of purpose inspires us to work to the highest standards, to tackle the challenges that matter.
Our team provide end-to-end tailored advisory solutions that can deliver impact, unlock, and preserve value in mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, investigations, and disputes, from strategy to execution and evaluation. We support our clients to drive businesses forward, making sure they meet demands for greater transparency, changing market conditions and complex regulatory requirements. .
In Deloitte Forensic, help our clients to act quickly and confidently in a crisis, investigation or dispute. Fraud, conflicts of interest, code-of-conduct violations and regulatory non-compliance are unfortunate business realities, with severe impacts. We use our network, deep industry experience and advanced analytical technology to understand and resolve issues. Our team has experience in all types of forensic investigations and in helping organisations manage and reduce risk.
The role is Hybrid with option for base office in Dublin or Cork
About the role:
- Assist clients to react quickly to investigate allegations of accounting misstatement, fraud, bribery and corruption, including regulatory breaches
- Work with clients to provide pragmatic solutions to manage risk in situations of crisis
- Work closely with our Forensic Technology team to extract and review both structured (i.e. databases, enterprise systems, etc.) and unstructured (i.e. email messages, audio files, etc.) data to assist in investigations and assessing/monitoring fraud risk
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, collating and assessing evidence (e.g. via document review or formal investigation interviews)
- Assist in analysis work and drafting of formal reports in the context of expert witness or investigation assignments
- Have the opportunity to work directly with Partners; and work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
- Build a broad network of client relationships within the forensic community and wider financial services industry
- Develop new methods and tools to support the high quality and innovative delivery of advice and services to clients
- Extensive experience in forensic managerial experience in a big four or leading professional accounting firm, or alternatively within a forensic practice of a large corporation or financial services firm
- Membership of a professional accountancy association preferred (e.g. ACA, ACCA)
- Exposure to investigations, crisis management, fraud detection and prevention
- Working knowledge of Relativity and Brain-space is favourable