At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the opportunity:Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
We are currently looking for an experienced Architectural Technologist to join our team in Birchwood.
- Delivery of architectural design, assessment studies and technical documentation through all RIBA stages
- Communication with other design team members
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, liaising closely with clients and other design team members
- Co-ordination of the Architectural team in producing CAD drawings and 3D models.
- Managing issues specific to the nuclear industry including radiological zoning, operational considerations, maintenance constraints and unplanned recovery.
- Providing a co-ordination role between ‘Site’ and the ‘Design Office’
- Checking/ Verification of Technical Deliverables (RIBA Stages noted)
- Meeting Attendance (technical & non-technical) to report & justify progress and present technical issues
- Preparing plans, sections & details for statutory approvals
- Preparation of hazardous area/ classified zones/ people & material flow drawings/ diagrams
- Authoring technical specifications, schedules, data sheets, reports & method statements
Here's What You'll Need:
- Previous experience of Collaborative Multi-discipline design & Client/ stakeholder liaison
- ARB registered
- Good level of proficiency on Autodesk’s Revit.
- Experience of complex building projects
Our CultureOur values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s –
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then
Primary Location:United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Warrington-UK Warrington Birchwood 601
Travel:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting:Jun 7, 2023, 6:36:43 PM
Job:Architecture & Interiors
UK Warrington Birchwood 601
601 Faraday StBirchwood Park, Birchwood
Capabilities:Nuclear Cleanup and Decommissioning