We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:You have a three year university degree, combined with at least four years of tech support experience in a large enterprise environment.
You have obtained working knowledge of Networking (both client & Server OS) and good networking knowledge, including TCP / HTTP / SSLN/ DNS / WAN . You are comfortable working in understanding of WAN and LAN switching and routing, ARP, TCP, IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS and other related internet protocols.
Ideally you have also obtained industry certifications in the areas of Virtualization and/or Cloud which includes working knowledge of AWS / Azure / ESXi.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak to you right away.
Position OverviewThe Escalation Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance on Citrix products to customers of large size, scope, and/or political complexity - via phone, email and/or remote access. The support focuses on in-depth problem analysis of Citrix products and their integration into enterprise-wide mixed environments. The incumbent often assists less senior colleagues - conducting cases reviews and providing guidance to ensure quicker resolution. Uses advanced technical troubleshooting skills obtained through wide-ranging experience to independently isolate, analyze, and provide resolution to customer issues of high complexity. Qualifies only the most complex customer issues for assistance from the escalation team or other vendors.
- Work on customer-based software problems dealing with both Technical Support & Development Teams
- Create and maintain tools / plugins / software for the Citrix Files family of products.
- Get involved in some or all phases of the tools / plugin / software development and release cycle that include design, coding, code reviews, troubleshooting and debugging, installation, software maintenance and testing.
- Maintain a focus on customer requirements and project objectives while mitigating project and product risk.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Must be able to provide direction to the Global Tech Support Teams (in all Geos) on crash analysis, advanced debugging, programming examples, code training and complex code change explanations. Additionally, you may be required to write complex technical articles (white papers) and sample code for the knowledge base.
- May have worldwide travel requirements to remote Citrix offices to train Global Escalation Engineers on advanced troubleshooting and debugging techniques
- Function as Development Analysis Engineer for Citrix Files family of products.
- Use programming language skills to develop temporary workarounds to complex customer situations
- Ability to assess and work as part of the team on feature changes and code fix recommendations for Citrix products.
- Work with Engineering to define product enhancements that are critical to system performance and problem resolution
- Work on software problems dealing with both the Escalation as well as Development Teams
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics , Physics, Statistics or related technical discipline experience preferred
- Experience working with multi-tiered application design and development, as well as, experience with debugging techniques and tools required, including the ability to analyze and debug dump files, network and stack traces.
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience in C# backend development and debugging using Microsoft .NET
- Load Balancers (e.g. Citrix NetScaler, Foundry ServerIron, Alteon, F5 BigIp, Cisco CSS).
- Web Application Firewalls (e.g. Citrix NetScaler, Imperva, Akamai)
- SSL VPN solutions (e.g. Citrix NetScaler Gateway, Juniper SA Series, Cisco SSL VPN) · WAN Optimizers (e.g. Citrix CloudBridge, Riverbed Steelhead, Cisco WAAS).
- Network monitoring and management (e.g. nagios, mrtg/rrd, SNMP).
- Sniffers and Protocol Analyzers (e.g.Wireshark, tcpdump, ethereal).
- Knowledge of Security technologies (e.g. SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS).
- Knowledge of routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP) and switching technologies
- A solid understanding of WAN and LAN switching and routing, ARP, TCP, IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS and other related internet protocols.
- A strong working knowledge of secure Web application delivery
- A strong working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack.
- A strong working knowledge of application layer protocols.
- Knowledge of Layer 4-7 load balancing and SSL acceleration technologies.
Preferred Certifications:Citrix / CCNA Certification
Citrix NetScaler working knowledge
Virtualization / Cloud working knowledge ( AWS / Azure / ESXi )
What you’re looking for:Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Functional Area:Tech Support
About us:Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.