We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:As a DBA Engineer at Citrix, you are a recognised domain professional supporting the infrastructure of a large SAAS product, improving current and implementing new solutions for containers, network, monitoring, logging, automation, etc. You will become part of a core development team of 250+ engineers developing Wrike, the latest acquisition by Citrix.
Wrike is a leading project collaboration cloud software with an innovative product that helps thousands of companies in 130 countries run their projects, businesses, and employees. It is loved by global brands like Google, Airbnb, L'Oreal, Western Union, Fitbit, Hootsuite, Greenpeace, and startups around.
Would you like to work on improving an innovative distributed Database environment, used by thousands of customers around the world? If your answer is yes, we'd love to speak with you!
Position OverviewYou will join our DBA team within our Operations department. As an DBA Engineer, you will focus on database and its management and automatisation. In addition to optimisation activities, your other tasks will include collaboration with our engineers and development teams on different projects (automation of the database management system, etc.), participation in departmental on-call rotation duties, and others. You will also have a chance to bring your own ideas for continuous improvement!
- PostgreSQL database administration and support
- Optimisation and Automation of PostgreSQL clusters deployment and management
- Analysis and optimisation of database performance, solving of related problems
- PostgreSQL monitoring improvement
- Participation in On-call rotation duties (24/7 coverage)
- Active collaboration with colleagues in the SysOps department on Infrastructure related topics and with development team on product-oriented projects
- Supporting Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations processes
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically acquired through sophisticated education combined with experience
- University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Upper Intermediate English skills
- Experience in setup and support of fault tolerant DB configurations and setup DB monitoring systems
- Experience in PostgreSQL administration and monitoring
- Knowledge of reservation, copy, and recovery methodologies
- Experience with Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet or any other configuration management system
- Experience with OS Linux (Debian, CentOS)
- Experience with Git version control system
- Strong knowledge of networks and protocols, Patroni, Terraform, additional experience in MySQL administration and monitoring or experience with GCP (or other IaaS vendor) is a plus
What you’re looking for:Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Functional Area:Cloud Ops
About us:Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.