Deloitte is the biggest professional services Firm in the world and making an impact is more than just what we do: it’s why we’re here. We’re driven to create positive progress for our clients, community, people, and the planet. This sense of purpose inspires us to work to the highest standards, to tackle the challenges that matter.
The tax landscape is constantly evolving and has experienced unprecedented change in recent years.Our Deloitte experts partner with our clients to navigate their tax complexities and support their business ambitions. Our tax leaders combine strategic commercial insight and intricate tax knowledge to support our client’s strategic decisions. We share our experience, reimagine operating models, and leverage cutting-edge technology in combination with innovative ideas and our global network of professionals, to make an impact that matters to our clients. .
About the team:We are, at our heart, a team with a real focus on indigenous Northern Irish companies. As a member of our fast-growing team, you will get the opportunity to work on a mix of some of Northern Ireland’s most established companies, as well as some of the next generation of local companies which are growing their presence both here and further afield. We also advise a large range of Irish multinational companies, supporting our colleagues across the island with a variety of UK tax matters which are important to those groups – the breadth of experience available is second-to-none.
About the role:
- Providing a top class tax service to a portfolio of corporate clients, including an allocation of clients for which the team has responsibility.
- Involvement in all areas of corporate tax, including compliance process management and delivering of ad hoc consulting projects, through to proactively bringing new insights and opportunities to your clients.
- Corresponding with both HMRC and clients on the clients' tax affairs
- Researching and presenting detailed technical tax memorandums to support tax advisory projects
- Involvement in sustaining and growth of client business; proposing and winning new business and positively contributing to the overall development of the practice
- Leading a team; as an AM you will have the opportunity to manage and develop trainees and seniors while also being supported by experience senior managers, directors and partners
- A proven record of commitment to professional and client service excellence
- A desire to seize opportunities to develop existing and new client relationships and to support in the wider development of the practice
- Ideally CTA qualified or ACA qualified with proven post-qualification tax experience
- Strong corporate tax and capital gains technical knowledge
- Strong commercial and market awareness