Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team Have you heard about Workday?
Workday is one of the fastest growing enterprise SaaS companies for Finance, HR, and Planning, having grown from a start-up to 12,000 people, $3.10 billion annual revenue with a user base of over 45 million workers.
Key to this exciting momentum has been our focus on culture and putting our people at the center of everything we do. This means building a workplace where people feel valued, heard, inspired, and like they belong. This culture and our constant aim to build for the future, has allowed us to continue our ground-breaking growth both globally and within the Czech market.
Our Czech team is working with incredibly relevant (AI/ML/Analytics-based) technology building high performance, responsive user interfaces for data visualization which will redefine business intelligence and analytics. From Churchill square in Prague, Workday continues to build the future of BI and ML for over 7,900 customers including Amazon, Airbnb, Atlassian, Adobe, Airbus, and that’s just the ones starting with 'A'.
Enjoy the market leading benefits such as stock grants, extended PTOs and leave types and the stability of a growing global company alongside an agile local office culture working with some of the smartest people in the industry who are pioneering the tech behind our future analytics platforms.
This is your chance to be the foundation of future teams and become part of the Workday Analytics story.
About the Role
- Daily contribute to backend of proprietary installation Platform delivering analytics applications to customers
- Implement new features into an orchestration service for managing workload of analytical engine
- Develop backend service to manage frontend requests
- Identify, design and develop performance optimizations through Kotlin code and architecture changes
- Advise fellow software engineers on design and development of scalable software
- Contribute to feature design and development across multiple teams including backend and frontend
Product & Team
- Stories proprietary Storyteller software is the foundation of Workday’s Augmented Analytics platform
- The platform delivers automated analyses of People, Finance, and any structured data to business users without a need for a human analyst
- Our automated analyses are presented to users in easily consumable and narrative stories
- We are team of 80+ software engineers, data analysts, PMs, SREs and SDETs sitting at Churchill square
- We are working closely with Workday Analytics team in Silicon Valley
About YouBasic Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Kotlin or Java
- Profound understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with code profiling and performance tuning
- Good understanding of Software Engineering Principles
- Adapt and deliver on time working in a fast-paced agile environment
Other Qualifications (nice to have):
- Experience Building APIs (REST and/or GraphQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of Linux and AWS
- Experience with Spring is a plus
- Passionate about code quality and encouraging peers to elevate their craft
- Takes ownership to drive projects to completion and overcome roadblocks with positivity and creativity
What you will learn:
- Inner workings, ideas, and concepts behind leading Augmented Analytics software
- Opportunity to lead rapid rollout of Augmented Analytics platform and pipelines to Workday customers
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!